The new quail cages are almost complete. Of course they are taking longer than expected, like any project. All I have to do for the cages now is get the watering system installed and tidy up how I’m going to latch the doors closed. I’m using bent nails right now. Hopefully this will be done tomorrow.
I decided to leave the feeders inside the cages instead of suspending them outside of the wire. It’s easy enough to fill my current feeders every few days and I didn’t feel like fabricating totally new feeders.
The quail seem to be getting used to the new cages since I got a few more eggs today than the last few days. They’ll settle in and be happy here soon.
I’ll post a new video of the upgraded cages shortly.